Records relating to keyword "Corruption"
- October 2006 SIGIR report to Congress (30 Oct 2006)
- Info »
- US and UK Governments »
- United States »
- Executive Branch »
- The Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction »
- Quarterly reports to Congress
Keywords: US Government Corruption
The October 2006 report to congress is essentially a collation of the SIGIR reports published over the last sixth months. It gives an overview of current US reconstruction efforts in Iraq, and in particular problems with them including waste, corruption, bribery, and lack of security.
- $18 billion - Iraq's Annual Oil Losses (11 Apr 2006)
Keywords: Corruption Oil
Short analysis of lost oil revenue by Dr. Walid Khaddur. Ascribes losses to (1) underproduction, (2)imports and (3) smuggling.
- Corporate carve-up: the role of UK corporations in Iraq (13 March 2006)
Keywords: Corruption Reconstruction UK Politics
Listing of UK companies working in Iraq for Iraqi ministries, and under international reconstruction bodies. Between March 2003 and March 2006, this report finds £1.1bn paid to UK companies for work in Iraq, and estimates that the true figure is significantly higher. This includes £250m paid to Aegis for coordinating security operations, and $500 to Amec to rebuild electricity and water systems.
- Second Transparency Report on Smuggling of Crude Oil and Petroleum (2006)
Keywords: Oil Corruption Smuggling
This document, produced by the inspector general of Iraq's ministry of oil and translated by Revenue Watch, describes corruption in the oil sector, and particularly the multi-billion dollar smuggling of crude petroleum and refined products.