Records relating to keyword "Legal"
- GAO report on key 'benchmarks' for Iraqi government Sep 2007 (04 Sept 2007)
- Info »
- US and UK Governments »
- United States »
- Legislative Branch »
- Government Accountability Office
Keywords: GAO Security Economic development Legal
Public Law 110-28 contains 18 benchmarks for the Government of Iraq to meet by 1 September 2007. As of 30 August 2007, the GAO assessed that the Iraqi government met 3, partially met 4, and did not meet 11 of its 18 benchmarks.
- the rights of minority political parties in Iraq's legislature are protected.
- Iraq's government has established various committees in support of the Baghdad security plan
- almost all of the planned Joint Security Stations in Baghdad have been established
Benchmarks partially met:
- Enacting and implementing legislation on procedures to form semi-autonomous regions (law passed but not yet implemented)
- Providing three trained and ready brigades to support Baghdad operations.
- eliminating safe havens for "outlaws"
- Equitable allocation and spending of $10 billion in Iraqi revenues for reconstruction projects and essential services